Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Error message in Bug Track Template: An error occurred during the processing of . The resource object with key 'ResolveBugPageTitle' was not found.

When you use the Bug Tracking Template from the WSS 3.0 40 templates, you would receive the following error when you go to resolve a bug: "An error occurred during the processing of . The resource object with key 'ResolveBugPageTitle' was not found." This error is caused by missing locale resource files starting with the filename "tsa.*" in the web directory "{wwwroot}\wss\VirtualDirectories\{your website port number}\App_GlobalResources".

Resolution:
1) Browse the directory in 12 hive.
2) Copy all the "tsa.*" files into your website directory "{wwwroot}\wss\VirtualDirectories\{your website port number}\App_GlobalResources"

The bug tracking tempate should now be working again. The tsa files are locale resource files.

2 comments:

  1. Copying the tsa* resource files from the said location didnt work for me.
    But what you suggested certainly gave me a clue:
    The problem is that the none of the available '.resx' files contain the key "ResolveBugPageTitle".

    I opened the "tsa.resx" file (by the way - resx files are just XML files) and fairly enough I did not find the data node for "ResolveBugPageTitle".

    I added the following to the tsa.resx file and it solved the issue:

    <data name="ResolveBugPageTitle" xml:space="preserve">

    <value>Resolve</value>
    </data>


    Note: tsa.resx is the resource file for the default locale (English - US). You may need to add this XML node to the relevant tsa*.resx file based on the locale that applies to you. Example - tsa-es-es.resx for Spanish locale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also give a "stsadm -o copyappbincontent" :)

    ReplyDelete